For almost 30 years, I have been helping people to strengthen their capacities to cope with anxiety, depression, difficult relationships, work dissatisfaction, and stress.
If you’ve been struggling with these life challenges—often a result of earlier psychological trauma—psychotherapy can be an opportunity for you to grow and change.
- Let us create a safe environment for you to recover and develop new inner resources so that you feel more stable and self-confident.
- Let us work on your ability to engage in more satisfying relationships—whether in dating or finding new friends— or, in existing relationships with family and colleagues.
- Let us focus on your relationship to your career so you feel more content and self-assured.
Overall a good psychotherapy experience should help you to feel stronger and more secure.
In psychotherapy and couple counseling, I use a flexible and interactive approach to assist clients in developing new coping strategies. I do this by helping clients to understand how their moods are influenced by the interplay between biological factors and their past and present experiences. I also educate clients about the new advances in neuroscience that emphasize the role of the brain in shaping how we feel and our ability to manage uncomfortable feelings. This body of research informs us about why it is often so hard to change how we feel. It confirms why it is difficult to “snap out” of negative feeling states.
My practice includes work with a wide variety of individuals and couples whose presenting issues are quite diverse.
Some of the typical issues I work with are:
- Low Self-Esteem
- Relationship Troubles (family, work, friends)
- Couple Issues (marital conflict, divorce, relationship problems of people living together or separately, straight, gay and lesbian, transgender, open relationships, and polyamorous.)
- Job Stress and Dissatisfaction
- Gay and Lesbian Issues (LGBTQ)
- Substance Abuse and Recovery Issues
- Coping with Chronic Illness
Please call or email to schedule a free 10-minute phone consultation.